Exhaust Causes Fire Scare At Macy’s

CHICAGO (STMW) – Smoke from an exhaust fan at a restaurant prompted fire crews to respond Thursday to the Macy’s building in the Loop.

Firefighters were called about 12:40 p.m. after smoke was reported at 111 N. State St., according to Fire Media Affairs Chief Kevin McGregor.

Fire crews found smoke coming from a restaurant exhaust, McGregor said, but there was no fire.

No injuries were reported and the smoke was under control in about 10 minutes, according to McGregor.

© Sun-Times Media Wire Chicago Sun-Times 2010. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

Daily Weather Reports Delivered To You!SIGN UP NOW: Get daily weather reports every morning from meteorologist Steve Baskerville!
CBS Sports Radio RoundupGet your latest sports talk from across the country.

Listen Live