City Ice Rinks To Open Nov. 26
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (STMW) - Time to dust off and sharpen your skates — the Chicago Park District’s outdoor ice skating rinks open for the season on Friday, Nov. 26, the day after Thanksgiving, if the weather allows.
The Rink at Wrigley will also be back, opening Wednesday, Dec. 1 following a college football game at Wrigley Field in late November, the Park District announced.
Hours and skate rental prices vary, but all rinks, with the exception of the Rink at Wrigley and the McFetridge Sports Center in California Park (an indoor rink open year-round) have free admission, according to a release from the park district.
If you want to skate in the shadow of Wrigley Field, it’ll cost you $10 from Friday through Sunday, or $5 Monday to Thursday. Rink rental is also available at various sites for special events and parties.
For those who need a refresher course, the rinks at McFetridge and Daley Bicentennial Plaza offer lessons for a fee. Registration for lessons opens online on Nov. 29 and in-person at the respective parks on Dec. 4.
The Park District operates the following rinks:
– Daley Bicentennial Plaza, Grant Park, 337 E. Randolph Dr.
– McFetridge Sports Center, California Park, 3843 N. California Ave.
– McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Road
– Midway Plaisance Park, 1130 E. Midway Plaisance North
– Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St.
– Riis Park, 6100 W. Fullerton Ave.
– Rowan Park, 11546 S. Avenue L
– Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave.
– West Lawn Park, 4233 W. 65th St.
– The Rink at Wrigley
Skating season runs through Sunday, Feb. 27, at most outdoor rinks, weather permitting.