Problem In Downtown Vault Causes Garage Outage
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
UPDATED 12/07/10 11:54 a.m.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Fire crews were sent out after smoke and a burning smell were discovered in a ComEd vault downtown Tuesday morning.
The smoke was reported from the vault at Michigan Avenue and Madison Street.
At 9:30 a.m., ComEd crews were onsite at the Grant Park North Garage, responding to an outage caused by water dripping from the ceiling onto a ComEd transformer.
Around 10 a.m., while crews were trying to repair the outage, they noticed smoke from transformer and burning smell, due to the water dripping, ComEd said.
By 11:50 a.m., power was still partially out at garage, but it still has emergency lighting. Crews were on the scene working to restore power.
There were no reports of injuries.