Man’s Death From Carbon Monoxide Under Investigation

CHICAGO (WBBM) – An investigation is underway into the death of a man who apparently succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning in a south chicago home.

LISTEN: Newsradio 780’s Jackie Swike Reports

Family members found the body of 45-year-old Leroy Charles in his home in the 7900 block of South Merrill Avenue Saturday night.

A relative called police, who called the fire department to conduct a carbon monoxide test. A normal reading for carbon monoxide would’ve been under ten, but police said the reading in the home where Charles died was 600.

Police said People’s Gas shut off gas to the residence, and someone apparently turned it back on, incorrectly. An autopsy has been scheduled.

  • Amazing stunt riding…on a carbon road bike

    […] not every day that you see a carbon road bike being used as a stunt machine — hopping over boulders at the beach and styling it […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Daily Weather Reports Delivered To You!SIGN UP NOW: Get daily weather reports every morning from meteorologist Steve Baskerville!
CBS Sports Radio RoundupGet your latest sports talk from across the country.

Listen Live