CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Local

Man’s Death From Carbon Monoxide Under Investigation

View Comments
carbon monoxide detector

Carbon monoxide detector (Time Boyle/ Getty Images)

Don't Miss This

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHICAGO (WBBM) – An investigation is underway into the death of a man who apparently succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning in a south chicago home.

LISTEN: Newsradio 780′s Jackie Swike Reports


Family members found the body of 45-year-old Leroy Charles in his home in the 7900 block of South Merrill Avenue Saturday night.

A relative called police, who called the fire department to conduct a carbon monoxide test. A normal reading for carbon monoxide would’ve been under ten, but police said the reading in the home where Charles died was 600.

Police said People’s Gas shut off gas to the residence, and someone apparently turned it back on, incorrectly. An autopsy has been scheduled.

View Comments