Cabbie Lights ‘Candle’ In Taxi, But — Surprise — It’s A Firework
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (STMW) — A cabdriver injured her hand when she ignited a firework Thursday afternoon inside her cab at O’Hare Airport.
The woman ignited the firework that she said resembled a candle inside her taxicab in a cab lot at 1 Zemke Rd. at 2:30 p.m., police News Affairs Officer Darryl Baety said. A loud sound was heard for several blocks.
The victim injured her hand and was taken in an unidentified condition to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Baety said. No passengers were in the cab and no one else was injured.
No other explosives were found by dogs at the scene and the Bomb and Arson Unit are investigating.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2010. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)