Lightning Possible Cause Of Banquet Hall Fire In Lombard
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
LOMBARD (CBS) — A fire that did about $100,000 damage to a west suburban banquet hall is believed to have been caused by either weather or electrical problems.
The Lombard Fire Dept. responded just after 1 a.m. Wednesday after a bystander reported a fire on the outside of Carlisle Banquets at 435 E. Butterfield Rd., according to a release.
The front and top of the outdoor canopy was burning when firefighters arrived, and Battalion Chief Ron Rakosnik said the fire was never out of control and was extinguished in about 40 minutes.
The building was not occupied at the time and no injuries were reported. The Fire Investigation Unit is looking into the incident, and the fire is believed to have been caused by lightning or an electrical problem, the release said.
Damage was estimated at $90,000 to $100,000, but the facility is not expected to be closed as a result of the blaze.
Firefighters from Downers Grove, Lisle-Woodridge, Oak Brook, Elmhurst and York Center assisted at the scene.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2010. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)