3-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized After Drinking Suspected Meth Liquid
Lastest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
KINGSFORD HEIGHTS, Ind. (AP) – Authorities say a 3-year-old girl was seriously injured by drinking liquid from a suspected methamphetamine cooking operation at a northern Indiana home.
LaPorte County police say the girl was taken to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis for treatment after emergency crews were called to the home in the town of Kingsford Heights on Friday. The initial report was of a girl swallowing something and being burned.
The Times of Munster reports the LaPorte County prosecutor filed meth-related charges against two adults who live at the home Wednesday.
LaPorte County metro operations coordinator Tim Shortt says the girl apparently was visiting the home and her mother was somewhere nearby. He says ingredients typically used in a meth lab were found at the home and are being tested.
© 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed