Power Line, Garages Damaged In Mayfair Fire
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
UPDATED 07/05/11 11:33 a.m.
CHICAGO (CBS) — A fire burned several garages and damaged a power line overnight in the Northwest Side’s Mayfair neighborhood.
The fire broke out in the early morning hours Tuesday behind the home at 4605 N. Kennicott Ave.
ComEd utility crews were sent out to repair the burned electric line.
Aluminum siding was left melted and warped on the garages, and the windows were broken.
There was no word Tuesday morning on whether fireworks played a role in the blaze.
Meanwhile, fireworks celebrations are being blamed squarely for a garage fire in northwest suburban Algonquin overnight.
Investigators say someone was lighting fireworks near construction materials, sparking the fire in the detached garage at 9716 Arthur Rd. around 10:30 p.m. Monday.
Neighbors put out the fire with garden hoses. No one was injured.