Convicted Felon Gets 55 Years For Raping Teen Boy
Lastest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (STMW) — A convicted felon was sentenced to 55 years in prison on Thursday for kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy in 2008.
James Beamon, 40, of Chicago was convicted in June of aggravated criminal sexual assault and aggravated kidnapping, according to a release from the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office.
Cook County Judge William Lacy sentenced Beamon to 55 years on Thursday.
According to prosecutors, on July 20, 2008, Beamon lured the boy to an abandoned building near 2100 W. 52nd St. and told the boy he could earn money by helping him clean the building. The teen, who wanted money to help buy school supplies, agreed.
That’s when Beamon and the boy entered an abandoned building through a window, the release said.
Beamon then ordered the boy to remove his clothing. The defendant put his hands behind his back as if he had a gun and threatened to shoot the victim if he left. Beamon then sexually assaulted the victim, prosecutors said.
The boy threw an object at Beamonand escaped from the building through a window, running naked into the street, the release said. An off duty Cook County Deputy Sheriff saw the victim and came to his aid. The sheriff located the defendant and detained him until Chicago police arrived and arrested him.
At the time of this incident Beamon was on parole for a 1990 murder and attempted murder conviction. He had been released on parole in June of 2008 after serving 18 years in prison.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2010. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)