Family Sues After Boy Died Following 3 Hospital Transfers
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (CBS) — A Matteson couple is suing over the death of their 7-year-old son a year ago, alleging he died because of medical malpractice.
As WBBM Newsradio’s Regine Schlesinger reports, the Chicago Sun-Times says Aaron Pointer’s last words were, “I am tired of breathing” when he suffered an asthma attack on Sept. 13 of last year.
LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s Regine Schlesinger reports
Aaron parents rushed him to Franciscan St. James Health in Olympia Fields. But the family was told he needed more specialized care, so he was transferred to the other Franciscan St. James campus in Chicago Heights, the Sun-Times reported.
Aaron was then transferred a third time to Provena St. Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, about 30 miles and 45 minutes away, the newspaper reported.
By then, a lawsuit alleges, Aaron’s brain was starved for oxygen, and he soon died, the Sun-Times says.
The lawsuit names all three hospitals, and two doctors – Ravi George and John Davis – as well as Kurtz Ambulance Service, the Sun-Times reported. The suit claims Aaron was the victim of a string of medical errors and gross negligence.
The family’s attorney, Joseph Miroballi, called the medical decisions involved in the case “a formula for death,” according to the Sun-Times.