Man Faces More Charges In Sexual Abuse Of 15-Year-Old Boys
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill. (CBS) — A northwest suburban man already charged with sexually assaulting two 15-year-old boys is now facing more charges, after police recovered additional evidence in his apartment.
Herbert Mallalieu Burgess, 57, of the 2300 block of South Lexington Drive in Mount Prospect, was charged last week with eight felony counts, including aggravated criminal sexual abuse, sexual abuse, aggravated criminal sexual assault, sexual assault and unlawful restraint related to the assault of a 15-year-old boy, a release from Mount Prospect police said.
On Friday, Burgess was ordered held on $750,000 bond, the release said.
Police said one of the boys’ fathers reported that his son had been sexually abused. An investigation determined that a second boy had also been abused.
The incidents occurred between Aug. 8 and 19 in Buffalo Grove, police said.
Crime scene investigators recovered evidence related to the allegations at Burgess’ home after executing a search warrant, the release said. Further details were not specified.
Burgess will appear for a preliminary hearing on the latest charges in Rolling Meadows on Nov. 1, the release said.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.