Local

Four Hospitalized After NW Side Gas Leak

File Photo Of Ambulance (AP Photo)

File Photo Of Ambulance (AP Photo)

Featured & Trending:

Latest News Headlines:

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHICAGO (STMW) – Four people were hospitalized — two in critical condition — after becoming sick from a gas leak Saturday evening in the Logan Square neighborhood.

Paramedics responded about 5:15 p.m. to a report of multiple people sickened by carbon monoxide in the 2100 block of North Bingham St., Fire Media Affairs Director Larry Langford said.

Two people were hospitalized in critical condition and two others were hospitalized in fair condition, according to the fire department.

There were no carbon monoxide detectors in the building, the fire department said.

Crews initially initiated an EMS Plan 1 response to request five ambulances come to the scene, which was secured about 45 minutes later.

© Sun-Times Media Wire Chicago Sun-Times 2011. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.