Wheaton Mother Says She Found Nail In Halloween Candy Bar

WHEATON, Ill. (CBS) – A Wheaton mom, dipping into her children’s trick or treat candy, says she bit into a tiny candy bar and found a nail inside.

It was a bite sized Snickers bar that gave her the shock, Carolyn Schierhorn says. One of her children got it on Halloween in the neighborhood around Illinois and Byron court, although they can’t recall who gave it to them.

“I bit into it and felt something hard. It really didn’t seem like a nut. I spat it on the plate, and I couldn’t believe it,” Schierhorn says. “I saw a little nail.”

“I was freaked out,” she says. “One of my kids could have eaten it.”

Wheaton police are investigating. They’re urging all parents to inspect candy before letting their kids get at it.

  • j

    Something about this seems a bit off.

  • Noah Bodie

    IF You mean she seems to be LYING??

    you’re right!!

  • unknown

    a month later? hmmm

  • Curious

    I’m not sure what is going on with the Burger King story above, but for some reason the comment section is missing. Can this be repaired, CBS?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Daily Weather Reports Delivered To You!SIGN UP NOW: Get daily weather reports every morning from meteorologist Steve Baskerville!
CBS Sports Radio RoundupGet your latest sports talk from across the country.

Listen Live