Don't Miss This
WHEATON, Ill. (CBS) – A Wheaton mom, dipping into her children’s trick or treat candy, says she bit into a tiny candy bar and found a nail inside.
It was a bite sized Snickers bar that gave her the shock, Carolyn Schierhorn says. One of her children got it on Halloween in the neighborhood around Illinois and Byron court, although they can’t recall who gave it to them.
“I bit into it and felt something hard. It really didn’t seem like a nut. I spat it on the plate, and I couldn’t believe it,” Schierhorn says. “I saw a little nail.”
“I was freaked out,” she says. “One of my kids could have eaten it.”
Wheaton police are investigating. They’re urging all parents to inspect candy before letting their kids get at it.