Don't Miss This
CHICAGO (CBS) — A building in the Little Village neighborhood was evacuated Wednesday morning, after a construction crew struck a gas main.
Just after 9 a.m. Wednesday, the crew struck the 6-inch, medium-pressure gas main next to a vacant lot at 2445 W. 24th St., just east of a freight train overpass.
A building across the street was evacuated as a precaution, fire officials said.
The building nearest the gas main break was vacant.
A Level 1 HazMat response called for the gas leak was secured at 9:50 a.m., Rosado said.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.