Fire Breaks Out In Uptown High-Rise
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (CBS) — A fire broke out overnight in a high-rise building in the Uptown neighborhood.
Something caught fire in a hallway in the prewar high-rise at 4423 N. Sheridan Rd.
The fire broke out at 3:15 a.m. and was brought under control a short time later.
The building is located at the southeast corner of Sheridan Road and Agatite Avenue. It houses studio and one-bedroom apartments on the upper floors, and an assortment of businesses on the ground floor.
Further details about the fire were not immediately learned.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.