Mitchell’s Ice Cream and Candies was established in 1931 in the South Shore neighborhood of Chicago on east 71st Street. In the early 1970s Mitchell’s relocated to the suburb of Homewood on Dixie Highway.
Mitchell’s was created on the foundation at homemade high quality products were what loyal followers wanted. With that, Mitchell’s made sure to use only the finest and freshest ingredients available. Many of the ingredients are purchased locally.
Today Mitchell’s has expanded the “little shop that could” into a wide distributor for specialty shops, country clubs, restaurants and gourmet grocers. All of the Mitchell’s Ice Cream is made with the highest quality butter fat which gives the ice cream a deliciously rich creamy flavor and full bodied consistency.
The original Mitchell’s Soda Shop is located at 18211 Dixie Hwy in Homewood and also downtown at 629 North Wells.