(WSCR) It’s time to usher in a new era on the South Side.
With longtime manager Ozzie Guillen gone, the White Sox are looking to new manager Robin Ventura to lead the organization. With massive changes on the field, the White Sox have also made some changes in the food served at U.S. Cellular Field.
“The White Sox have always taken great pride in the not only the quality, but the variety of food we serve at U.S. Cellular Field,” said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. “Levy Restaurants and Sportservice have created another roster of delicious new items that our fans are sure to enjoy in 2012.”
Sportservice will debut their new menu items onthe ballpark’s 100-level and 500-level. Fans can look forward to enjoying the following new items:
· Balkan Dog – Cevapcici, a casing-less combination of pork, beef and lamb, served with diced white onions and a zesty red pepper and eggplant sauce on pita bread. It is a well-loved favorite in Eastern Europe. Located at the Chicago Cheese Steak cart on the 500-level near section 536.
· Pastrami Cheese Steak – Chicago spin on a Philadelphia favorite. A sandwich with sliced pastrami, melted cheese, sliced onions and sliced green peppers, served on a hoagie bun.
· Bases Loaded Baked Potato – Baked potato made your way. Fans choose either chicken carnita, beef barbacoa or bacon. Then load up on shredded cheddar cheese, broccoli, sour cream, chives, butter and salsa.
· Burger Barn – Offering “DaBurger Double Play” and the “Juicy Lucy.” DaBurger is a pork patty topped with cheddar, bacon, BBQ sauce and caramelized onions or with produce and your choice of condiments. The Juicy Lucy is stuffed with bacon and cheddar or jalapeno and cream cheese.
· Owl’s Nest – Chicken wings tossed in Hooters’ wing sauce. Your choice of medium, hot and honey Thai served with celery and choice of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
· Chicken Sandwich – All natural, free-range chicken breast grilled and served as a sandwich. Esteemed vendor Coleman Natural Foods provides chicken that has never been treated with hormones, antibiotics or preservatives.
· Chicken Tenders – Coleman Natural Foods also provides all natural chicken tenders for fans’ sophisticated palettes.
· Vienna Hot Dogs with Pastrami Bacon – All-beef hot dog with pastrami bacon add-on topping available at all hot dog portables.
· Cookies and Cream Malt Cup – Seat vendors and sweet stands now offer this special summer treat.
· Irish Nacho Helmet – French fries topped with cheese, sour cream, bacon and chives. Served in a kelly green souvenir helmet. Located in the Triple Play Café (Section 110) and the Fan Deck (Section 100).
· Bases Loaded Sundae – A funnel cake topped with three scoops of soft serve ice cream, loaded with chocolate, nuts and other toppings. Served in our famous Batterman souvenir helmet.
Fans sitting in the Club Level of U.S. Cellular Field can experience Levy Restaurant’s newest menu items:
· Meatball Mania – New spin on an old fan favorite. A skewer of six meatballs available in three delicious flavors: traditional beef meatball with marinara, chicken meatball with green chile verde, or thai pork meatball with ginger-soy barbecue.
· DaBurgerTriple Play – A pork patty topped with cheddar, bacon, pulled pork, BBQ sauce and caramelized onions. Asian Burger also available.
· Smashers – Handheld twist on the Panini, served with dipping sauces.
· The Sloppy Jane – Vegan twist to a classic favorite. Tempeh, peppers and onions, with molasses and brown sugar barbecue sauce, served on a vegan wheat bun.
· Ballpark treats – New candied popcorn and pretzel braids.