Don't Miss This
CHICAGO (CBS) – A fire in the Lincoln Park neighborhood drew a major response from the Chicago Fire Department, and closed off streets backing up traffic Saturday morning.
The fire started at Crossroads Public House, 2630 N. Clark St, and also caused minor damage to the Christian Science Reading Room next door. Crossroads was closed at the time of the fire.
An employee from a neighboring business called 911 upon noticing the fire. He told CBSChicago.com that he believes the fire was sparked when someone threw a cigarette down a hole behind the building. That could have caused flames to spark in the basement. The building contains grease from serving food, which is flammable.
Until 11 a.m. Clark Street was closed between Wrightwood and Schubert, and southbound traffic was closed all the way to the Diversey and Broadway intersection. CTA buses, No. 22 and No. 36, were halted at Wrightwood.