STREAMWOOD, Ill. (CBS) –A 22-year-old man taken into federal custody in Streamwood Friday allegedly phoned in a bomb threat to an Iowa shopping mall earlier this week.
Adylbek Kozubaev on Wednesday called in the bomb threat to the Northpark Mall in Davenport after phoning several times to inquire about renting carts and mall space, federal officials say in court documents filed in Iowa.
“You need to clear out the mall in ten minutes or it is going to blow,” the suspect allegedly told a mall official, the federal documents say.
Federal investigators say they used cell phone records to trace the calls to Kozubaev.
He was charged with making a bomb threat, a felony offense, the FBI said.
Kozubaev appeared in federal court in Chicago after federal agents, Cook County sheriff’s police and other authorities took him into custody Friday outside a Streamwood trucking business in the 400 block of East North Avenue.
His next court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday.