CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Local

Juggler’s Act Sparks A Fire In Chesterton, Indiana

(Credit: CBS)

(Credit: CBS)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHICAGO (CBS) — This could very well be one of those stories that starts “don’t try this at home.”

However, it wouldn’t be a very good idea anyplace, including where it actually did happen.

Aaron Rossetti says he was practicing his fire juggling routine at a park in Chesterton, Ind. over the weekend.

He tells the Northwest Indiana Post-Tribune that he was in mid-juggle when one of his flaming torches broke, landed on a nearby table and caught his open can of camping fuel on fire.

As you might imagine, the fire spread, and ignited more of his props.

Rossetti says he threw the flaming props to the ground, but in doing so he spilled more fuel, this time onto his plastic juggling equipment.

It promptly melted into the park’s paving bricks.

The fire department put the flaming mess out.

LISTEN: WBBM Newsradio’s David Roe Reports