Stone: I Will 100 Percent Be Back Next Season
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
(WSCR) Steve Stone silenced all rumors that he may be leaving the White Sox broadcast booth when he told The Mully and Hanley Show he will “100 percent” be back.
“My plans are very simple,” Stone said Tuesday morning. “I plan to stay with the Chicago White Sox through this contract and hopefully beyond. Regardless of what you might have read or heard or people speculated on or blogged (about) or anything else, I will be back. It’s 100 percent. Hopefully, as I said, for many years. In looking at it, this is, in my estimation, the best big city in the country.”
LISTEN: Steve Stone on The Mully and Hanley Show
The speculation had been that Stone was growing tired of his partner, Ken ‘The Hawk’ Harrelson, and was looking to leave his post as White Sox TV color analyst.
“When you have any type of partner in any business, you’re going to have some periods where things are really good, some periods where they’re not so good, some periods where things are frustrating, some periods where they’re exhilarating,” Stone told Mully & Hanley last week. I think a baseball season is like that. I think late in the season, you just realize it’s a roller coaster, and it’s not just a roller coaster for the baseball team. It’s a roller coaster for all of us who follow it that closely on a daily basis.”