Cops: Man Shot Two Girls Who Saw Him Shoot Motel Clerk
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
CHICAGO (STMW) – A 21-year-old man already in jail for shooting two girls on the West Side earlier this week did so, according to authorities, because they were witnesses to his shooting of a motel clerk who would not let him and the girls check in.
David Victory, a parolee who was denied bond on Wednesday after being charged with attempted murder for the shooting of two 17-year-old girls on the West Side, now faces an additional count of attempted murder, and gun charges, for shooting the motel clerk in Cicero.
About 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, a clerk at the Karavan Motel at 1620 S. Cicero Ave. in Cicero was shot while working the front desk by someone who he had refused to rent a room to, according to a town spokesman.
Victory, the suspected shooter, then drove off with three people — the two teen girls and another person — in a minivan, a release from Cicero said.
In the area of Lexington and Kolmar in Chicago, he allegedly shot the two girls, who were passengers in the minivan, because they had witnessed the shooting, the release said. He shot them to prevent them from being witnesses if he was charged with shooting the clerk, who Victory thought he had killed.
Chicago Police responding to a report of a person shot found the girls in the 700 block of South Kilbourn about 4:50 a.m. on Tuesday. One girl was shot in the head and chest, and the other in the arm, police said.
As officers tended to the girls, they saw Victory jump a fence and run through a yard, police said. Officers later found him hiding in a gangway in the 700 block of South Kostner about 25 minutes the shootings, police said.
Victory, of the 600 block of North Springfield Avenue, was charged with two counts of attempted murder for shooting the girls. He also faces two weapons charges and a possession of marijuana charge. Chicago Police detectives were able to connect Victory to the motel case and notified Cicero police that he was in custody.
Victory has now also been charged in Cicero with one count each of attempted first degree murder, aggravated battery with a firearm, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon.
Judge Edward Harmening ordered him held without bond Wednesday, Cook County State’s Attorney’s office spokesman Andy Conklin said. He will be back in court Dec. 18 on the Chicago charges, and was expected for a bond hearing Thursday on the Cicero charge.
Victory was on parole for a 2009 aggravated robbery conviction, police said.
The girls are expected to recover from their injuries, according to police.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2012. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)