The Best Tailgate Brats Ever
By Thomas Paulson
1-2 Dozen of your favorite fresh brats (or more)
3-4 Bottles of beer (some decent beer here people, not that light crap!)
1-2 Jars of Franks Kraut (or your favorite)
1-2 Sweet onions sliced thin (depending on how many brats you make)
1 Large green pepper sliced thin (optional)
Rosens poppy seed buns
Brown or spicy mustard for garnish
1. Boil brats for about 5 minutes in water only.
2. Pour out water and all of the brat grease that accumulates.
3. Now to the brats add beer, onions, kraut and green pepper if you prefer.
4. Bring back to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. In the mean time, light your grill. When brats are done boiling, remove and save everything else from the kettle. Grill the brats for 15-20 minutes until they have a nice brown color.
6. Remove from the grill and put in a large crock pot.
7. Pour beer, onion, kraut and pepper mixture over brats.
8. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Ice down your beer and have a few while waiting.
9. When brats are done, put on the Rosens bun, cover with kraut and onions, load on the mustard and enjoy!