Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
By Judith Domina from Evergreen Park, IL
1½ bags of frozen hash browns (small squares)
1 lb sour cream
1 Large bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 sticks of margarine or butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp Salt and pepper
6 cups Corn flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In large bowl mix frozen hash browns, sour cream, cheddar cheese, soup, 1 stick melted margarine, onion, salt and pepper.
3. Place in large baking dish (10 x 18) evenly and smooth top with spatula.
4. Crush up corn flakes and sprinkle over top evenly.
5. Drizzle 1 stick of melted margarine on top of corn flakes.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour
7. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes so the top browns.
Variation: Use O’Brien hash browns if you like green peppers!