CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score
LIVE VIDEO: Watch the Lollapalooza webcast LIVE from the festival, courtesy of 93XRT! WATCH NOW »

Local

Man Found Dead In SW Side Home After Fire

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHICAGO (STMW) — The death of a 46-year-old man who was found dead in a Southwest Side home after a fire Saturday night has been ruled accidental, caused by the fire, an autopsy has determined.

Kenneth Jurinek, 46, was found after emergency crews responded to a fire in his home in the 8500 block of South Knox Avenue about 5:25 p.m., authorities said.

The fire was extinguished in 20 minutes, and the man was found dead during a search of the home, Fire Media Affairs said.

Jurinek was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Centers in Evergreen Park, where he was pronounced dead at 6:16 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

An autopsy on Sunday found that he died of carbon monoxide intoxication from inhalation of smoke and soot from a house fire, and his death was ruled an accident, the medical examiner’s office said.

Chicago Police and the Chicago Fire Department continue to investigate the fire.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments