CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Local

Man Found Dead In SW Side Home After Fire

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHICAGO (STMW) — The death of a 46-year-old man who was found dead in a Southwest Side home after a fire Saturday night has been ruled accidental, caused by the fire, an autopsy has determined.

Kenneth Jurinek, 46, was found after emergency crews responded to a fire in his home in the 8500 block of South Knox Avenue about 5:25 p.m., authorities said.

The fire was extinguished in 20 minutes, and the man was found dead during a search of the home, Fire Media Affairs said.

Jurinek was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Centers in Evergreen Park, where he was pronounced dead at 6:16 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

An autopsy on Sunday found that he died of carbon monoxide intoxication from inhalation of smoke and soot from a house fire, and his death was ruled an accident, the medical examiner’s office said.

Chicago Police and the Chicago Fire Department continue to investigate the fire.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments