Sure Sign Of Spring: Tulips, Chicago Flower Show
Lastest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (CBS) — Tulips are a sure sign of spring and they’re ready for their close-ups at the 2013 Chicago Flower & Garden Show at Navy Pier.
The theme of this year’s show is “The Art of Gardening” and these beautiful bulbs are full of color, texture and drama.
If you want to grace your garden with tulips, here are some things you should know:
- If you don’t want to wait until fall to plant, some stores sell tulips flowers and bulbs in pots.
- Put them in the ground and you can enjoy then now and not have to replant in the fall.
- Plant only plump, firm bulbs. If you see soft spots or mold, it’s likely the bulb is rotten inside.
- The bigger the bulbs you plant, the healthier flowers you’ll have.
- Remember, tulips love the sun. When choosing a location for them in your garden, skip the shady areas.
The 2013 Chicago Flower & Garden Show is open daily through March 17th.
Hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. through Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.