American Red Cross Distributing Cleanup Kits For Flood Victims
Lastest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
The American Red Cross has opened 12 sites in eight counties to distribute 5,000 cleanup kits to people with water damage from the recent flooding.
The kits are provided by the Red Cross at no charge and include supplies for both indoor and outdoor cleaning; such as rakes, shovels, tarps, bleach, brooms, sponges, trash bags as well as personal safety items like rubber gloves. Supplies are limited to first arrival at the distribution sites.
Distribution sites will be open Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the following 13 sites:
• Gompers Park, 5040 N. Pulaski, Chicago, IL 60630
• Oak Park Police Department, 100 N. Euclid Ave., Oak Park, IL 60301
• Lisle Police Department, Lincoln Ave./Short Rd., Lisle, IL 60532
• Bensenville Public Works, 100 N. Church St., Bensenville, IL 60106
• Morris Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris, IL 60450
• DeKalb Emergency Management, 1826 Barber Green Road, DeKalb, IL 60115
• Village of Fox Lake, 216 Washington, Fox Lake, IL 60073
• Gurnee Fire Department, 4580 Old Grand Ave., Gurnee, IL 60031
• Grant Township, 26535 W. Molidor, Ingleside, IL 60041
• Joliet Fire Department, 101 E. Clinton St., Joliet, IL 60432
• Kane County EMA (under the radio tower), 777 E. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia, IL 60510
• Kendall County Sheriff’s Office, 1102 Cornell Lane, Yorkville, IL 60560
The Red Cross is also partnering with other municipalities in Buffalo Grove, Antioch, Barrington, Shorewood, Plainfield, New Lenox, Glendale Heights, Westmont, West Chicago, Des Plaines, Beach Park, Round Lake Beach, Glen Ellyn and Lombard to distribute clean up items to residents.
Since the flooding began last week, the Red Cross has provided more than 14,000 meals and snacks to residents displaced from their homes in seven shelters. Two shelters remain open as more residents return home to clean and repair their homes damaged from the flooding.
The Home Repair Guide is also available at no charge on the Red Cross web site at http://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m4340135_file_cont333_lang0_150.pdf.