(AP/CBS) In the wake of her public apology for using racial slurs, the Food Network says it won’t renew Paula Deen’s contract.
The TV cook issued an apology Friday, saying she wanted to apologize “for the wrong that I’ve done” and that she wanted to learn and grow from the incident.
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
In the video apology posted on YouTube, Deen said “inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable.”
The Food Network said Thursday it doesn’t tolerate any form of discrimination and is looking into the situation.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS Radio and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)