D.J. Williams Carted Off Field With Calf; Bushrod Remains Sidelined
(CBS) After an off day Tuesday, the injury bug has come for the Bears.
Newly-added linebacker D.J. Williams was carted off the field with a calf injury during the first hour of practice Wednesday morning. He is listed as week-to-week.
Rookie Jon Bostic replaced Williams at the middle linebacker position with the first team defense.
Williams, 31, was brought in from the Broncos to replace the void left by Brian Urlacher.
Other injury news from Wednesday morning:
- LT Jermon Bushrod remained sidelined with a calf injury
- Defensive lineman Jamaal Anderson had his right knee wrapped with ice
- LT Jonathan Scott, filling in for Bushrod, also had his right knee wrapped, leaving Eben Britton and Cory Brandon alternating with the first team
- WR Brandon Marshall returned to practice as expected
- CB Tim Jennings was excused from practice for personal reasons