By Darlene Whyte - Mokena, IL
1 (6.4 oz) package of precooked Brown & Serve breakfast sausage links sliced in thin pieces (each link should yield 12 slices)
1 15 oz can pizza sauce
1 lb loaf of cocktail rye bread
1 8 oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional toppings: mushrooms, green peppers, onions, olives, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lay bread slices on a cookie sheet
3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over bread then top with pizza sauce (enough to cover cheese and bread slice)
4. Put 4 pieces of sausage on each slice of bread
5. Add additional toppings if you desire (mushrooms, green peppers, onions, olives, etc)
6. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over top
7. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until hot and cheese is melted (if you want a browner top on cheese, put in broiler for 1 – 2 more minutes)
These little pizzas are so delicious, that you will have them screaming for more. You will not even have time to get them on a plate, people will be stealing them from the cookie sheet. Very, very delicious and because of their size, easy to grab and eat.
Makes approximately 40 appetizers.