By Randy Tipps from Woodstock, IL
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 16 oz can tomatoes (cut up)
1 16 oz dark red kidney beans
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
3 teaspoons chili powder (+- to taste)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (crushed)
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 small can diced green chilies
1 small can tomato paste
1 can beer
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (+- to taste)
Optional ingredients: Catsup, Hot Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Bar-B-Que Sauce, Honey, 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks (adjusting to taste)
1. Dice onion and green pepper while browning ground beef.
2. Add chopped items to ground beef and simmer a few minutes.
3. Add can of beer, tomatoes, tomato paste, green chilies and dry seasoning items.
4. Simmer for a few hours, stirring frequently, remove from heat.
5. Next day add dark red kidney beans, cinnamon sticks, re-simmer.
6. Add remaining liquid items, more chili powder and cayenne pepper to taste.
Makes 4-5 servings.