Students Sickened By Medication At Antioch School
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
ANTIOCH (CBS) — About 10 students at a north suburban school were hospitalized after a student gave out a prescription medication to friends, causing some to become sick.
An alert sent to parents by Antioch School District 34 administrators said a student at Antioch Upper Grade School “distributed a prescription medication to some friends.”
Ten students were transported to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville after ingesting an unknown prescription drug, Antioch Fire Chief John Nixon told the News-Sun.
“They were all stable, alert and in good condition, he said.
He said the student brought the drugs to school and gave them to nine friends.
The parents of affected students were contacted, the alert said.
Antioch Fire Department’s EMS units responded to the school at 800 Highview Dr. about 11:30 a.m. for a report of “sick students.”
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)