2013′s Week #9 Winner: Mike’s Mexican Lasagna
Long Snap Mexican Lasagna
By Mike Ruffner from Orland Park, IL
2 lbs. ground beef
1 packet of taco mix
2 cups Mr and Mrs T Bold and Spicy Bloody Mary Mix
2 lbs. pepper jack cheese
10 oz. ricotta cheese
2 quarts salsa
2 large tomatoes
1 tablespoons oregano
Optional: avocado, hot giardiniera
1. Night before: brown 2 lbs. ground beef and mix with taco packet. Add Mr and Mrs T Bloody Mary Mix. Cook per instructions on packet.
2. Toast corn tortillas on stove. Layer corn tortillas, taco meat, salsa, ricotta, pepper jack cheeses 3 times in a 9×12 Corning-ware or metal pan.
3. Finish by topping with corn tortillas, pepper jack cheese, thinly sliced tomatoes, and oregano.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and let it meld overnight.
5. Pre-game: uncover…cook indirect on Weber Grill @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (enjoy a Mr and Mrs T bloody mary or cold Dos XX)
6. Let sit for 15 minutes
7. Cut into squares and enjoy…
8. Garnish with thin slices of avocado, hot giardiniera if you desire.