Jumbo-Tron, Jumbo-Flavor Jambalaya
By Carol Colvin from Brookfield, IL
8 oz Andouille sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1 lb medium peeled and deveined shrimp
2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
2 med. yellow onions, chopped
2 stalks of thinly sliced celery
2-14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 c chicken broth
3 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 Serrano pepper, seeded and diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 c chopped yellow sweet pepper
4 c cooked basmati rice
1. Combine all ingredients except shrimp, yellow pepper and rice in 4 qt slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. In last 30 minutes of cook time, make sure setting is on high and stir in shrimp and yellow pepper.
4. Cook about 30 minutes more or until shrimp turn opaque.
5. While jambalaya is finishing up, prepare rice as directed on the package.
6. Serve individual servings with rice as desired.