Man Faces Felony Charges After Cops Seize Machine Gun, Drugs
CHICAGO (STMW) – A Gage Park man faces felony charges, after police saw him selling drugs, and seized two guns and about $4,500 worth of drugs Monday.
Emmanuel Williams, 24, was arrested about 6:45 p.m. after officers allegedly saw him selling drugs, and a search warrant executed on an apartment in the 2400 block of West 58th Street yielded several weapons and narcotics, police said.
Officers found a Sten MKV submachine gun in the apartment, as well as a revolver hidden under a garbage can, police said. They also found a total of 156 bags of heroin and 260 bags of marijuana, with a total estimated street value of $4,530.
Williams, of the 5700 block of South Artesian Street, faces the following felony charges:
– Three counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon
– Two counts of possession of cannabis
– Two counts of armed violence
– One count of manufacturing/delivery of a controlled substance
– One count of possession of a controlled substance
– One count of unlawful use of a weapon/on person
Williams was issued a $500,000 bond Tuesday, and his next court date is scheduled for Dec. 10, according to the Cook County Sheriff’s office.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2013. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)