(WSCR) In one of his more candid interviews, White Sox captain Paul Konerko opened up to 670 The Score on Thursday morning.
Konerko, who signed a one-year, $2.5 million deal with the White Sox, was open and honest about his role in 2014 and said he knows his days of starting 150-plus games are over.
“Like I said, if a team like the White Sox or any team was saying, ‘Listen, let’s forget about last year. (We) want you to come back and be the starting first baseman.’ I probably would have retired or searched for something more like this. I gotta be honest – I don’t think I can get out there for 140, 150 games anymore. It was just that time. I learned that over the last couple of years. It was just being honest about that.”