Donations Pour In After Boiler Fails At Northwest Suburban Pet Shelter
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
(CBS) – When the boiler failed yesterday at an animal shelter in Huntley, animal lovers rushed to help, but they could still use a lot more, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports.
Operators of Animal House Shelter Inc. in Huntley put the call out for aid Friday after their boiler failed Friday morning. Officials at the not-for-profit, no-kill shelter say a new boiler will cost about $4,000. The new boiler is being installed Saturday morning.
“It has been amazing. We were all in tears. It was within minutes of something getting posted on Facebook that we had all kinds of people coming out in the horrible weather, driving out here to bring us blankets for everybody, dog jackets, dog sweaters so we could get everybody all bundled up knowing that we wouldn’t be able to fix it until this morning,” said Lesley Irwin, the executive director and founder of Animal House Shelter.
The shelter is hoping that donations will help to cover some of the cost. Tax-deductible donations can be made on the Animal House Shelter’s website.
According to the shelter’s Facebook page, Animal House has already received many space heaters.
Animal House Shelter adopts out more than 250 dogs and cats each month. It takes in 40 new animals every week.