Man Charged With Fatal Shooting In Chicago Lawn

CHICAGO (STMW) — A Bronzeville man was ordered held without bail Sunday in connection with the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man earlier this month in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood.

Devon Clark, 19, of the 600 block of East 50th Place, is charged with the first-degree murder of Joseph Brittman, according to court records.

Assistant State’s Attorney Allison Sise said Clark was among a group of people who approached Brittman and others on Jan. 8, taunting them near 64th and Campbell.

She said Clark ran forward and fired a handgun multiple times in the other group’s direction, hitting Brittman once in the lower left back. She said Brittman was pronounced dead later that evening.

Sise said Clark was positively identified by witnesses as the shooter. Cook County Judge Maria Kuriakos Ciesil ordered Clark held without bail.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Daily Weather Reports Delivered To You!SIGN UP NOW: Get daily weather reports every morning from meteorologist Steve Baskerville!
CBS Sports Radio RoundupGet your latest sports talk from across the country.

Listen Live