Arson Ruled Out, Gas Leak Blamed In Joliet House Explosion
Featured & Trending:
Latest News Headlines:
Get Breaking News First
JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) – Investigators have confirmed a gas leak was to blame for an explosion and fire that destroyed a house in southwest suburban Joliet earlier this week.
A blast rocked a home in the 700 block of Lambeth Lane in Joliet, engulfing the house in flames Monday afternoon.
Joliet Fire Chief Joe Formhals said investigators have determined arson was not to blame for the explosion. He said it was caused by a gas leak in the home, although investigators haven’t figured out what appliance in the home sparked the blaze.
That will be up to the insurance company, which will have a laboratory examine the appliances that were in the home at the time. A new furnace recently was installed at the house.
Nicor said none of its gas lines in the area had any leaks.