Zack Greinke Is MLB’s Highest-Paid Player This Season
(CBS) Given all the talk of recent extensions for Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera and Angels star Mike Trout, did you know this?
Dodgers right-hander Zack Greinke is baseball’s highest-paid player this season, according to USA Today’s salary database. Greinke will make $28 million this season, more than the likes of teammate Clayton Kershaw and Cabrera, neither of whom has reached the most handsomely compensated years of their long-term contracts.
Here’s the top 10 list of highest-paid players. There are certainly some cautionary tales among them.
1. Zack Greinke, Dodgers: $28 million
2. Ryan Howard, Phillies: $25 million
3. Cliff Lee, Phillies: $25 million
4. Robinson Cano, Mariners: $24 million
4 (tie). Prince Fielder, Rangers: $24 million
6. Cole Hamels, Phillies: $23.5 million
7. Mark Teixeira, Yankees: $23.125 million
8. Albert Pujols, Angels: $23 million
8 (tie). Joe Mauer, Twins: $23 million
8 (tie). CC Sabathia, Yankees: $23 million