(CBS) Mock drafts are enough of a crapshoot in the first round already, so you should certainly view those for later rounds with a large degree of skepticism.
Nonetheless, they provide an idea of who will be available and what many teams are looking for. Entering tonight’s second round that starts at 5:30 p.m., we know the Bears are still eyeing a defensive tackle.
Accordingly, a CBSSports.com second-round mock draft has Chicago selecting Minnesota defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman at No. 51 overall. Will he fall that far? We’ll have to wait and find out, but you can get an idea of who’s available still right now.
33. Houston Texans — Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame: A quarterback is possible here, but Houston can get Tom Savage in the third round, get the behemoth nose tackle now.
34. Washington Redskins — Joel Bitonio, OL, Nevada: The Redskins have offensive line needs and Bitonio has the skill set to line up at tackle or guard.
35. Cleveland Browns — Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana: Cleveland needs to find a No. 2 receiver to pair with Josh Gordon and Latimer has all the tools needed for the position.
36. Oakland Raiders — Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State: Oakland went with an impact pass rusher in the first round. The future starting quarterback could be the target in the second.
37. Atlanta Falcons — Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri: The Falcons went with the offensive tackle at No. 6. Now it’s time to address the pass rush with Ealy.