CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Local

Charcoal Grill Sparks Townhouse Fire In Naperville

View Comments
Lastest News Headlines:

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

NAPERVILLE, Ill. (STMW) – A fire caused by a grill on the balcony of a west suburban Naperville home caused $60,000 in damages Sunday evening.

About 5:54, Naperville fire authorities responded to a structure fire in the 2500 block of Durango Lane, according to a statement from the Naperville Fire Department. Arriving units found fire and heavy black smoke coming from the balcony of a two-story townhouse.

Though the fire was extinguished within 10 minutes, the unit sustained smoke damage, authorities said. Damages to property and contents were estimated to be $60,000.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a charcoal grill on the balcony, the statement said. An inspector from Naperville’s Transportation, Engineering and Development said the unit is uninhabitable until repairs are made.

No injuries were reported.

(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View Comments