Summer Wedding Trends
(CBS) — Celebrity party planner Debi Lilly shares all of her favorite chic summer gift trends for summer weddings and parties.
The hottest trends include personalized gifts to celebrate the newlyweds and key items to help them settle into their home and life together.
1. Stock the Bar – Stock the newlywed’s first bar with vineyards from a favorite romantic region they’ll travel to on their honeymoon- like Italy. Banfi has a great variety of Italian wines. My favorite picks include:
* Principessa Gavia Gavi (SRP $14) – This wine has a very romantic anecdote: Princess Gavia fell deeply in love with a man her father, the king, didn’t approve of… until he saw how strong their love was. He supported their marriage and named the village and its wine after his daughter.
* Rosa Regale (SRP $20) – A sparkling red with sensuous strawberry and raspberry flavor – this is the ideal way to end a romantic dinner with chocolate or on its own.
* Brunello di Montalcino 2007 (SRP $55) – An Italian staple, this wine is characterized by a powerful but soft structure that pairs perfectly with rich foods.
Print custom tags and tie on with twine for their first special occasions to celebrate together – a free download on APerfectEvent.com.
2. Date Nights – If you want to surprise the couple, suggest a “Date Night” cooking class at Sur La Table. Throughout each month, the 900 North Michigan location offers various cooking classes including romantic “Date Night” themes. I suggest booking the “Date Night: Tour of France” (on July 18) where the couple will take a culinary tour as they craft authentic French favorites like this Thyme and Gruyere Gourgeres.
($69/person, Register the couple online at www.SurLaTable.com)
3. Monogram the Home – Help the new couple settle in their new home with a No Iron Solid Supima Sateen sheet set by Lands’ End. You can easily personalize the set with the couple’s initials or “Mr.” and “Mrs.”. They will sleep serene in the indulgent Supima American cotton.
4. Favorite Gadgets – Many couples register for big ticket items like vacuums. In the city, and smaller first homes, instead of a large, full-size cumbersome vacuum, surprise the couple with a cordless option that’s powerful enough to tackle the entire home (carpets and hard floors). The Dyson DC59 Motorhead makes perfect sense for starter homes and apartments.
5. Dress up the Envelope – If you plan on the standard heartfelt card and money, place alongside a beautifully adorned box of chocolates. This Godiva box set comes finished with a crisp, white ribbon and heart charm for the newlyweds.
6. His and Hers – a fun watch set is a hot trend for “something new” – they don’t have to be expensive – dive watches for a couple honeymooning to the Caribbean are perfect and affordable with Swatch, and my jewelry tip: remember to always insure your valuables – especially with traveling this summer – or brides and grooms flying off to your honeymoon. No matter what type of jewelry, gifts symbolize a special memory, and should be properly insured with my favorite, Perfect Circle Jewelry Insurance at ProtectYourRing.com.