CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Local

No Carbon Monoxide Leak At Building Where Child Fainted

View Comments
(File photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

(File photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Lastest News Headlines:

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. (CBS) – Firefighters said they found no evidence of a carbon monoxide leak at a non-profit organization in north suburban Libertyville on Wednesday after a child fainted and others became ill.

The Libertyville Fire Department said one child fainted Wednesday morning at 742 E. Park Av., after not having any breakfast. The building is home to the Libertyville office of Feed My Starving Children, a non-profit group.

Other children at the building began suffering anxiety attacks after the first child fainted. Two ambulances were sent to the scene around 10 a.m.

Crews checked the building for carbon monoxide after the children fell ill, but no leak was found. None of the children needed to be taken to a hospital.

View Comments