CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning homeowners about a string of recent residential burglaries in the Woodlawn and Park Manor neighborhoods on the South Side.
In each incident, the burglar or burglars broke into homes through a front or rear door and stole property, according to an alert from Chicago Police.
The burglaries happened:
– about 10:30 a.m. July 26 in the 6600 block of South Kimbark Avenue;
– about 7 p.m. July 27 in the 6500 block of South Minerva Avenue;
– about 1 a.m. August 1 in the 700 block of East 69th Place;
– at 12:01 a.m. August 2 in the 6600 block of South Drexel Avenue;
– about 3:30 a.m. August 7 in the 6600 block of South Maryland Avenue;
– about 6 a.m. August 7 in the 600 block of East 69th Street;
– about noon August 7 in the 1500 block of East Marquette Road;
– about 1:50 a.m. August 8 in the 6500 block of South Rhodes Avenue; and
– about 7 a.m. August 9 in the 6600 block of South Drexel Avenue.
Anyone with information on the burglaries should call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)