CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning of a string of burglaries this month that hit South Side neighborhoods.
In all of the incidents, people broke into homes through the front or rear doors and stole property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The burglaries happened:
– about 8 a.m. on Aug. 4 in the 6700 block of South East End Avenue;
– about 4 p.m. on Aug. 4 in the 6900 block of South Cregier Avenue;
– about 10:30 p.m. on Aug. 4 in the 6700 block of South East End Avenue;
– about 6 a.m. on Aug. 10 in the 6800 block of South East End Avenue;
– about 7:30 a.m. on Aug. 19 in the 1400 block of East 68th Street;
– about 4:05 p.m. on Aug. 19 in the 6900 block of South Cornell Avenue; and
– about 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 20 in the 7000 block of South Jeffery Boulevard.
There was no description of possible suspects.
Anyone with information was asked to call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2016. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)