CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning residents about a recent string of armed robberies on the Near West and Near North sides.
In eight incidents, the suspects approached a victim, produced a handgun and forcibly demanded property, according to a community alert from Chicago Police. The suspects the sped away in a red or maroon vehicle.
The robberies happened:
• At 1:15 a.m. Nov. 4 in the 200 block of North Green;
• At 3:10 a.m. Nov. 4 in the 0 – 100 block of South Aberdeen;
• At 11:05 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 0 – 100 block of North Green;
• At 11:30 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 400 block of West Huron;
• At 12:15 a.m. Nov 5 in the 1000 block of West Randolph;
• At 12:58 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 900 block of North Wood;
• At 12:56 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 800 block of North Richmond; and
• At 1:04 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 2800 block of West Augusta.
The suspects were described as one-to-three African-American males, thought to be between 18 and 25 years old, standing between 5-foot-9 and 6-foot-1 and weighing between 160 and 200 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.