Police are warning residents about a series of home burglaries reported since November in the Hegewisch neighborhood on the Far South Side.
In each incident, someone has forcibly entered a house or apartment and taken money, electronics and other items from within, according to a community alert from Chicago Police.
The break-ins occurred:
• At 5:35 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 13100 block of South Avenue N;
• At noon Nov. 8 in the 13100 block of South Avenue N;
• At 8 p.m. Nov. 10 in the 13100 block of South Burley;
• At 6:30 p.m. Nov. 15 in the 13400 block of South Avenue L;
• At 8 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 12600 block of South Muskegon;
• At 10 p.m. Nov. 17 in the 12900 block of South Saginaw;
• At 10:05 a.m. Nov. 25 in the 13500 block of South Baltimore;
• At 7 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 12900 block of South Marquette;
• At 7 p.m. Dec. 7 in the 3200 block of East 136th Street; and
• At 10 p.m. Dec. 9 in the 13400 block of South Burley.
No suspect description was available, police said. Anyone with information on the burglaries is asked to call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2017. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)