CHICAGO (CBS) — The City Of Chicago has identified the first 135 miles of streets that are planned for resurfacing this year.
Eventually, at least 275 miles of repaving will happen by the end of the year.
Paving work is expected to start in mid-April.
Here some of the main arterial routes that are slated for resurfacing by CDOT so far in 2018:
- Stony Island Avenue from S. Doty Avenue to E. 122nd Street (2.4 miles)
- South Chicago Avenue 67th Street to 79th Street (1.4 miles)
- Ashland Avenue from 63rd Street to 71st Street (1 mile)
- Loomis Avenue 59th Street to 74th Street (1.9 miles)
- 47th Street from Western Avenue to Racine Avenue (1.5 miles)
- California Avenue from 47th Street to 51st Street (0.5 mile)
- Harrison Street from Pulaski Road to Kedzie Avenue (1 mile)
- Halsted Street from Roosevelt Road to Harrison Street (0.5 mile)
- Cicero Avenue from Grand Avenue to Division Street (0.8 miles)
- Central Park Avenue from Lake Street to Roosevelt Road (1.3 miles)
- Caldwell Avenue from Touhy Avenue to Devon Avenue (1.5 miles)
- Cicero Avenue from Irving Park Road to Grand Avenue (2.75 miles)