Latest CHICAGO Campaign Center
After a month and a half of campaigning in Chicago, Rah Emanuel made it official on Saturday. He is running for mayor.
Former U.S. senator says it’s not a foregone conclusion Emanuel will walk away with mayor’s race.
The billion dollar windfall from the city’s parking meter deal is gone, but two two mayoral candidates are trying to use public outrage over the contract to their advantage.
The politicians running for mayor of Chicago are trying to get to the bank to stash away enough money to stay in the race, let alone finish; some of them even before officially announcing they’re running.
The Chicago Coalition for Mayor tapped Davis as its “consensus” candidate, but not everyone — including potential opponents — is happy with the choice.
- Black Leaders Pick Davis As ‘Consensus Candidate’ CBS Chicago–2010/11/06
- Kirk Will Miss Part Of Senate’s Lame Duck Session 2010/11/05
- Hendon Drops Out Of Chicago Mayor’s Race CBS Chicago–2010/11/05
- Race For Mayor Heating Up CBS Chicago–2010/11/04
- Daley: Election’s Over, It’s Time To Get Along WBBM Newsradio–2010/11/04
- Quinn Defeats Brady In Governor’s Race CBS Chicago–2010/11/04
- Kirk Seeks Quick Transition Into Senate 2010/11/04
- Ex-Elections Chief: Not So Fast On Calling Gov Race CBS Chicago–2010/11/04
- Quinn Still Ahead With All Precincts In CBS Chicago–2010/11/04
- Kirk And Giannoulias Grab A Brew CBS Chicago–2010/11/03
- Wins For GOP Doesn’t Mean State Turning Red 2010/11/03
- Officials Report Close To 52% Voter Turnout 2010/11/03
- Preckwinkle Launches Website With Link For County Jobs CBS Chicago–2010/11/03
- Thousands Of Votes Still Have To Be Counted CBS Chicago–2010/11/03
- Emanuel Announces Pick To Replace Indicted Comptrollerayor Rahm Emanuel on Friday announced Daniel Widawsky as his choice to replace Amer Ahmad, who abruptly resigned as city comptroller.
- Will County Workers Back On The Job After Approving ContractThe new contract includes cost-of-living salary increases of 4-1/2 percent over the next three years. A new salary schedule will move many employees up two steps on the pay scale in June 2015, resulting in an additional raise.
- Quinn Signs Pension Reform Plan Into LawThe overhaul, approved by the General Assembly this week after years of delay and inaction, cuts benefits for most employees and retirees. It has a June 1 effective date, but could be delayed by the legal challenges.
- City Plans Four-Year, $500M Renovation Of Blue Line To O’HareOn the heels of a major overhaul of the Dan Ryan branch of the Red Line, the CTA is planning a nearly half-billion-dollar upgrade of its second busiest train line: the Blue Line to O’Hare International Airport.
- What Does State Reform Mean For Chicago’s Pensions?Now that state lawmakers have taken the tough step of passing state pension reform, what does it mean for Chicago? CBS 2's Dana Kozlov explains.
- Blagojevich Defense Team Files Final Brief On AppealRod Blagojevich's lawyers laid out a final set of arguments in writing before they step before appellate judges next week to argue that the imprisoned ex-governor deserves a new trial.
- Emanuel Has ‘Full Confidence’ In Claypool, Despite Ventra ProblemsBus drivers have said they’re seeing fewer problems with Ventra fare cards, and the mayor said he’s not holding Claypool responsible for the foul-ups with the switchover to Ventra.
- Illinois Lawmakers OK Pension Reform PlanThe Illinois Legislature approved a historic plan Tuesday to eliminate the state's $100 billion pension shortfall, a vote that proponents described as critical to repairing the state's deeply troubled finances but that faces the immediate threat of a legal challenge from labor unions.
- Time Running Out For Cook County Property Tax AmnestyTime is running out for homeowners who received improper property tax deductions to qualify for amnesty.
- 22nd Ward To Take Part In Participatory Budgeting For First TimeWhat would you do for your community with a million dollars? Some residents from throughout Chicago are getting a chance to answer that question, for real.